Choose Your Scalp Micropigmentation Practitioner Carefully
Experiencing hair loss? Looking for a permanent hair loss solution? You’ve no doubt come across Scalp Micropigmentation or SMP in your research.
A qualified SMP practitioner uses an advanced technique to implant fine and precise impressions of micro pigment into the scalp, to replicate natural hair follicles. A skilled SMP artist ensures the correct spacing is achieved between each impression to authentically create a clean shaved look, or to add density to thinning hair, or to camouflage imperfections.
SMP is often referred to as the most effective, non-evasive, hair loss treatment of today. All of the above is true if you choose your Scalp Micropigmentation practitioner wisely!
In addition to the obvious fundamental checks to establish your SMP practitioner is certified, licenced, and insured, here are my top 5 list of activities or services you should also expect:
- Evidence of experience
- Google reviews are an excellent indicator of satisfied customers, although not all customers are comfortable to publicly acknowledge their SMP. Always ask to see before and after pictures from their portfolio of clients relevant to the look you want to achieve. Or better still ask to speak with clients who have had the procedure.
- Never underestimate the importance of a Consultation & Patch Test
- We always offer a free consultation and insist on a patch test at least 48 hours before SMP. We want to see and feel your scalp and understand the texture, depth, & condition of your skin.
- We are confident our pigment is safe, we use an organic solution, designed specifically for scalps, proven to settle quickly and last longer. A patch test will confirm this and helps us understand how your skin ‘takes’ the pigment.
- We also want to discuss outcomes and understand exactly what you want to achieve to make sure your expectations can be met.
- Pre-Care and Aftercare – advice and preparations.
- Where appropriate we provide products and detailed takeaway instructions, to prepare your skin before your treatment and to protect your skin after your treatment.
- This helps you make sure your skin is in the best condition possible before your first session and after each subsequent session helping you to achieve the best results possible from your investment.
- The importance of understanding contra-indications.
- Whilst SMP is suitable for most people, there are certain circumstances which would prevent an individual being treated.
- Your practitioner should know and ask you about any medical conditions, medications, or allergies. Some Medical conditions are not suitable for SMP and others may require confirmation of suitability from your GP/specialist. Similarly, some medications (prescription and/or over the counter) may exclude you from being suitable.
- Guarantees or warranty
- A good indication of a reputable practitioner is their offer of a warranty. Those that are confident in their work will happily provide you with a 12 month guarantee from the date of your final SMP treatment.
Please feel free to contact us at derma.microtech for more information or to book a free consultation.