Aftercare Advice For Scalp Micropigmentation Clients
Scalp micropigmentation (SMP) is a permanent, non-surgical, and non-invasive procedure. It can be used to restore receding hairlines, to cover thinning hair, bald patches, surgical scars, or to simply add density to existing hair.
Louise uses an advanced technique to implant fine and precise impressions of micro pigment into the scalp, replicating natural hair follicles, scalp micropigmentation provides an excellent way of reducing the contrast between hair and scalp.
Though this procedure won’t help regrow your lost hair, it’ll make your hair look fuller. However, the way you care for your scalp afterward will determine the final results.
Here are some essential scalp micropigmentation aftercare steps you can take to get the best results.
After undergoing micropigmentation, your scalp will need time to heal. How long it will take to heal depends on how you care for it. So, you should not interfere with the recovery process but rather allow your scalp to heal naturally.
Scabs will form in the skin area where the needle has pierced. This is natural, and there’s no cause for alarm. But don’t make the mistake of disturbing, picking at, or touching your scalp because you might interfere with your body’s healing process.
Instead, focus on these tips:
- Avoid getting your scalp wet or washing your hair for 4 days after your procedure.
- Do not involve yourself in any physical activity that can cause you to perspire. For example, avoid sunbathing, saunas or sunbeds, or any activity that gets your head hot and sweaty.
- On the fifth day, you can use warm water to gently clean your scalp using a mild scalp friendly shampoo that does not contain harsh chemicals.
- Keep your scalp moisturised as per the after care instructions given by your practitioner. Make sure your hands are clean before touching your scalp.
Even if your scalp seems to have healed, you should continue handling it with care. This is the best way to enjoy the results and protect the longevity of your scalp micropigmentation .
For long-term care, observe the following:
- Protect your scalp against strong sunlight and UV rays to ensure the treatment doesn’t fade.
- Always keep your scalp moisturised, preferably daily if you are prone to dry skin.
- Avoid using alcohol-based products such as isopropyl alcohol, denatured alcohol, or SD alcohol.
Following these important instructions carefully will aid your healing process and help you to achieve the best possible results from your scalp micropigmentation treatment.