Scalp micropigmentation is a permanent, simple, and non-invasive procedure. If you’ve lost so much hair and are almost going bald, SMP can be an excellent option for you.
Though this procedure won’t help regrow your lost hair, it’ll make your hair look fuller. However, the way you care for your scalp afterward will determine the final results.
Here are the essential scalp micropigmentation aftercare steps you can take to get the best results.
After undergoing micropigmentation, your scalp will need time to heal. How long it will take to heal depends on how you care for it. So, you should not interfere with the recovery process but rather allow your scalp to heal naturally.
Scabs will form in the skin area where the needle was pierced. This is natural, and there’s no cause for alarm. But don’t make the mistake of disturbing, picking at, or touching your scalp because you might interfere as your body treats the wounds.
Instead, focus on these tips:
- Wait for up to three days before touching or washing your scalp after the procedure.
- Do not involve yourself in an activity that can cause you to sweat. For example, never sit in the sun, exercise, or do any sporting activity.
- On the fourth day, you can use warm water to clean your scalp. But don’t use shampoo or any soap to clean the affected area.
- If you are scheduled for another treatment session, start keeping your scalp moist.
- After seven days, you can now clean the area, but you have to be gentle and use a gentle cleanser.
Even if your scalp seems to have healed, you should continue handling it with care. That’s the only way to enjoy the results and protect your scalp against injuries.
For long-term care, observe the following:
- Use an exfoliating agent to remove any dead skin from the affected area.
- Protect your scalp against strong sunlight and UV rays to ensure the treatment doesn’t fade.
- Always keep your scalp moisturized. You can use a moisturizer at least once a day.
- Avoid using alcohol-based products such as isopropyl alcohol, denatured alcohol, or SD alcohol.
Follow the scalp micropigmentation aftercare tips above to get the best results. Doing so prevents infection and ensures your scalp heals faster. Also, it’s best to work with a knowledgeable artist to avoid injuries. Finally, contact your doctor if you feel lots of pain or the area becomes swollen.